This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Monday. October 6. 2014-Week 9

Getting ready to watch General Conference

Hey guys!!

Well it sounds like you had an awesome time at conference!!! I am seriously so jealous. I would give anything to get to go to conference with you guys. We got to watch about half of it and yes all in Spanish. I understood most of it but it’s just not the same to hear a different voice for all of them. We get to watch all of conference, and possibly in English, next weekend in Tumbes. I love the profeta, I love his apóstoles, and I love this Church!! I want to go to conference when I get home!! 

So this week was much better with the homesickness and with Elder Orellana. Your prayers were definitely heard here en Peru so thank you so much and please keep them coming!! I really felt Elder Orellana and my relationship grow stronger this week. I think we are finally starting to become friends so that is awesome!! Also I wasn’t homesick barely at all!! The Lord is good and he watches out for me.

So this week was good. I feel like my Español got like 700 times better so that’s awesome!! Ok this week I made up my family book but I had to cut up a bunch of my pictures!! So I need more and lots of them!! Like a whole box full of pictures haha so get on that one!! And I want that calendar for 2015 too!! And the ensign haha. Ohhh and all the bracelets you and Perry made.

This week we managed to break our shower. So yes, we have a shower and a toilet in our house but they are nasty haha. But we didn’t have a shower for 2 days this week. We finally got it fixed but by the time we did I smelt like a stinky armpit!! Not showering in Peru is a terrible idea haha. So you all at home should feel really blessed to have nice showers!!

We worked our butts off this week!! We found 30ish new people in the streets this week so we have so many dang investigators now!! We also have about 2 more people lined up for baptism next month!! I am so excited for them and I hope everything works out!! We also gave 2 blessings this week. The spirit was so strong guys, it’s crazy!! These people are tough, like really tough so when they ask for a blessing you know it’s bad. So with these people we gave them blessings of health. I’m not gonna say much but giving these humble humble people blessings is just another way I know that the church is true!! The spirit testifies it to me in different ways every single day!!

So ya we got attacked by a drunk guy last night haha. He yelled at us for a good long while and then started crying. So we talked to him for a long time and gave him a folleta and we actually have an appointment with him next week haha. Only in Peru!! 

So football was crazy this week!! I thought this was the year for Nebraska and BYU but they can never finish it out. Keep those updates coming I love football!! We played football today on the beach for p day with about 30 Elders and it was so fun. Watching a bunch of crazy latinos trying to play football is priceless hahaha!!

Today is Gaven’s birthday and I have been thinking about him and about you guys all day. I wish I was there to be with you all on this special day but I am doing the Lords work so I’m not going to complain. I just want you all to know that I feel him here with me every day on my mission. When things get hard here he always pops into my head and I just picture him saying don’t give up Asher you can do it!! It’s seriously so true mom. You have 2 boys on a mission right now. One in the hottest craziest place on Earth and one in Heaven watching out for his big brother. I hope you are all doing ok on this special day and just know he is watching out for us from Heaven!! 

So on Tuesday we leave for Piura for a couple days to have a reunion with all of my CCM Elders and that will be awesome to see all of them again!! I love you all so dang much and miss you more and more every day. But I love this mission and for 2 years it’s ok I can miss you guys haha. I hope you all have an awesome week and are able to feel the Spirit at all times!! I love my family with all of my heart and I can feel your prayers here en Peru!! Talk to you next week!!

Much love

Elder Asher Dean Wilson







Fishing boats

Elder Orellana and Elder Wison

I asked about his jersey & he said, "heck ya it's a soccer jersey!! Farfan, he's the best player on the Peruvian national team, which isn't saying much because they aren't very good haha!"



1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the homesickness is better this week! What a great example of faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete