This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday. August 14. 2014-Week 2

MI FAMILIA!!

I am so glad to hear that you all are doing so great at home!! That’s the best thing that I could hear because I miss you all so much!! I seriously can´t freakin believe that Tate has his license now!! What the heck that kid is already growing up too fast!! Thanks for all of those pictures those were awesome and made my day. I miss all of them so so so much.

Well life here in the CCM is really starting to get a lot more fun. I am now able to maintain a conversation in espanol with anyone who talks to me. We have gone out into the city twice now once for P Day and once to go proselyting (Idk if I spelled that right hahaha). P Day was so amazing!! We got to get out and interact with the people of Peru and roam around their city exploring. Lima is a freakin huge, semi nasty, but totally awesome place!! We saw the full spectrum from rich to poor to rabid dogs running around snapping at your ankles haha!!

As cool as P Day was the best part of the entire mission so far has been going out and teaching. We went out about 45 minutes from the CCM to Lima Central area and I got paired up with Elder Hawkins. He is gone now but he was an advancado and he was a great guy. He is 19 because he went to a year of BYU before he came out and he is the man!! With him and I out there tag team teaching the people there was nobody around who didn´t want to hear the message. The best part of the entire day is when we went and talked to an old man. We went up to his house and he opened the door and let us in because he recognized us as missionaries. We talked to him and he eventually told us about how he lost his daughter and his wife and basically every one he loved just recently. He told us how he was sad and depressed and didn´t really have a purpose in life right now. So we taught him about El Plan de Salvacion. It was the strongest message I have ever taught in my entire life and el Espiritu was sooooooo strong in the room!! He thanked us over and over and just begged for us to come back and see him so we set him up with the missionaries who serve in his area. It was so cool to see how fast his faith grew in just that little amount of time. It´s not always just about reaping the harvest, sometimes it just takes planting the seed.

The rest of this week has been sort of busy because I had to go to migrations and Interpol to get my documentation and stuff done for my Peruvian citizenship haha. I am now a citizen of the great country of Peru!! I was the official speaker for the group of elders that I went with and I talked to a lot of the natives while we were out. They really are the most humble, kind, genuine, and friendly people you will ever meet!! They will go out of their way to help you with anything you need (except when they’re driving, I always think I’m going to die when they’re driving hahaha!!).

I am now officially considered an intermido epsanol speaker here en la CCM. I feel like one to because I have learned so much in just the two weeks that I have been here!! It is truly amazing to see the work of the Lord going on here. I am not kidding when I say it is unreal. A bunch of 18 to 20 year old kids who don’t know a lick of espanol learning how to speak the language in just two weeks!! If that is not inspired of God then idk what is.

I’ve got amazing news!! Sometimes at lunch here we get ice cream and yesterday’s ice cream was freakin peanut butter ice cream!! It was the best thing I think I have ever tasted. The people of the CCM are really watching out for me haha ;)
We also got a new group of Latinos and a new group of North Americans in yesterday and they are all pretty cool but they are so lost!! It’s crazy to think that was me just 2 weeks ago I feel like a seasoned veteran now haha!!

Well I saved the best for last. Elder Spencer has really been having a hard time being away from home and family and friends and his girlfriend and he was really getting depressed. He didn’t know what to do so he asked me to give him a blessing. It was like 11 at night but I said I would so me and my companeros all stood around him and I offered a blessing. The words that came out of my mouth that night were not mine. The blessings that I bestowed upon Elder Spencer were inspired words of the Lord that I had no idea how I was saying them. That was easily the strongest I had ever felt el Espiritu Santos in my entire life.

Well guys that’s about all the time I’ve got for this week. All is well here en la CCM. Nothing you need to worry about (yet;)) and I am currently about to go and pick up my letters. I love you all so much and miss you more and more every day but the work I am doing here is perfect. I wouldn’t trade what I am doing here for anything in the world.

I’m going to keep it real short but La iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es verdad. Yo se que Jesucristo es el Salvador y Jose Smith es un profeta de Dios. Este iglesia es perfecto.

Much Love,

Elder Wilson

P.S. We can’t send any more pictures for the time at the CCM because someone did something stupid so no more pictures for any of us. It sucks and I’m sorry but I’ll send them as soon as I can!! Love ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment