This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Monday. November 17. 2014-Week 15

Since Asher couldn't send any pictures this week, I added one of my own. Asher & Tate 10 years ago this month, 8 and 5 years old.

Mi Familia!!

Well I hope you kept all of my pictures because I plugged my memory card into the computadora today and it went freakin crazy and now every single one of my pictures that I had are deleted. I had like 250!! How am I supposed to get them all back!?!? Ahhhh I had so many awesome pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well I guess I’ve got a lot more time on this mission but it just freakin sucks haha. 

Holy crap!! Nieve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Snow) Wow I wish I was home to be in the snow!! Its 45 billion degrees here and it just gets hotter and hotter every single day!! The hats you sent are really starting to come in handy haha. But seriously how fun!! I miss the snow like crazy and it’s just another thing I’m looking forward to getting back to in 2 years. And my MAVS taking care of business in the snow and heading to state!! That’s what I'm freakin talking about!! I can’t believe that they’re doing this good and I’m so proud of them. If you can get a message to Judd or the team somehow just tell them to take care of freakin business and leave everything on the field!! I wish that I was there to watch that game!! Also tell Tate to freakin learn how to drive!! Hahahahaha I can’t believe that he crashed my perfectly good car without a single scratch on it hahaha. No Tater Tot it’s all good just be careful and stop driving like a woman hahaha!! A Peruano resturante en Idaho!!!! That’s so awesome but I will have to test the authenticity of that sucker when I get home because trust me I am eating the realest Peruano food on the planet right now haha. Also Taters new calling is awesome!! He’s such a freakin leader and he doesn’t even know it haha. That kids gonna make one killer Elder someday. 

So this week was awesome and really busy. First off you asked if I’ve eaten anything weird in Peru well this week I ate something that literally defines weird haha. Chicken crap sacs!! I seriously ate the sac that holds the crap in a chicken. They clean it obviously (well I am en Peru entonces yo espero haha) but they don’t taste half bad haha. I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to serve these en el Estados Unidos hahaha.

So this week I had a companerismo change for a day with Elder Encarnacion and that went really good. It was en mi area entonces I had to lead and plan every leccion and I did a really good job!!

I also had a nasty ingrown toenail this week!! I dug it out and clipped it myself because I don’t trust Peruano medicine for nada but it hurt so bad!! Possibly the worst foot pain I have every felt haha but I’m all good right now.

This week we were also called testigos del diablo by a borracho haha. Basically a drunk guy called us missionarios of the devil haha. We had a good talk with him and now have a leccion planned with him for next week!! Crazy people here en Peru.

So this weekend our whole zone made the long trip to Piura (5 hours) to go to a reunion del mision. Every single elder y hermana en this mission was there!! But first off on the way to Tumbes to get to the bus for Piura our little bus had a high speed tire blow out and we almost went flying off of a bridge!! What they heck I was freaking out haha but were all ok and we made it to Tumbes perfectly fine. Just another thing that tells me that God is watching out for his missionaries. Because litterally we were inches from crashing over the barrier and into a river haha. I seriously thought we were gonna die! So en Pirua Elder Orellana and I stayed in the house of some of the zone leaders en Piura and they were really cool and in the morning we went to conference. It was awesome the guy who spoke was a member of the first presidency in the 70. His name was Elder Evans and he is the person basically second in command of all missionary work!! He works directly with Elder Holland!! His talk was amazing. It was obviously about mission work but it was also about repentance and the importance of repentance for your investigatores!! He also was a missionary in Japan so he spoke in Japanese for us so that was pretty cool. The other crazy thing was that he couldn’t speak a word of Español so someone had to translate the entire talk of him and his wife!! Gotta do what you’ve gotta do haha. I also met Riley Hansen’s cousin at the conference! His name is Elder Tulley I think but he was cool and it was good to talk about Riley cause I miss that fool!!

We’ve been teaching a lot this week and especially with this 19 year old kid named Edgar. He is attending a university here in Zarumilla and works all the time but in his free time all he wants to do is play futbol and hear our message. So we hang out with him a lot and he has a date to be baptised for the 13th of Diciembre!! I’m way happy for him because he’s about to change his life and make the best decison of his life!! We also have baptism plans for Elvis and his family, Claver and his wife Jessica, and Edgar!! For Diciembre.

Today we went to the manglares here in Zarumilla and saw some crazy animals including like 100 spiders as big as my face. Today I also cut my hair normal haha. I had pictures but guess what?? They’re freakin gone!! We’re gonna have hermano Christian (our ward mission leader) help us get them back cause he’s awesome with computers. And that about wraps it up for this week. 

So I miss you guys like freakin crazy!! More and more every single day. But don’t worry about me because I’m doing great!! My spanish is freakin awesome and I am learning more and more every single day. By the time I get home I’ll be great at Spanish and Perry will be awesome at the piano. So keep having fun and loving life at home. I know this church is true with all of my heart, it’s not even a question. I would do anything to help others receive the happiness I have in this life through the gospel. So always remember every member of our church is a misionario so go out and share your testimony with others. I love you guys so much and I hope you have a great week!!

Much love 

Elder Asher Dean Wilson     

Yes I love all the kids here they're amazing!!
I think I’ll have another 2 1/2 to 4 months in Zarumilla because it’s so far away from every other area they keep us here for a while
Yes we can lock our house and even though they say Zarumilla is the most dangerous area in all the misson we haven’t had any probs
On Sundays we first round up all of our new investigators on hermano Franciscos moto and then head to church. After church we eat lunch all together at a member’s house and then head out to teach. At 7 we go to Elder Russell’s house and hang out and report our numbers and plan for the week. Un Domingo normal aquí en Peru. 
And what’s happening in the NFL?
Elder Orellana and I are doing good. I mean there’s always a problem here and there but once you realize that we’re missionaries and are here with the same goal everything works out!! A good relation with your companion is essential to have the spirit!! 
Also sorry I can’t spell in English any more haha. 
But I’m doing great. No problems to report right now it’s just crazy that I almost have 4 months here!!
The hardest part is.......I really don’t know. It’s just life now and I’m so used to it. Actually not having any more peanut butter is the hardest freaking part!! When I serve in Piura they have big Walmart type stores with Peanut butter but in Zarumilla heck no they don’t have any haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment