This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Monday. January 12. 2014-Weel 23




Elder Wilson with his new companion, Elder Mauricio.
Mi Familia!!

It’s official I did not have a transfer.......oh wait ya I did haha!! I am done with my time in Zarumilla and am officially a missionary in Piura. I am in the actual city of Piura about 5 minutes from the airport and the house of Presidente Rowley (by the way he finishes his mission in June). My new area is called Jorge Chavez and it’s in the area Castilla Piura. It’s been a long day of traveling and packing and unpacking but I am settled in and ready to learn my new area!! My new compañero is called Elder Mauricio. He is 20 years old and from Lima, Peru. He is a great guy and I am way excited to work with him but he has been know to be a trunky so I’ve gotta be careful and keep him focused and working. Even with his history he is the lider de distrito here so I will be learing the ropes of how to be a lider de distrito this transfer. This area is night and day different from Zarumilla!! It’s all big city here, like they have resturantes like pizza hut, burger king, chilis, etc., and all the houses are way nicer and wow it’s just way different!! We went to shop for our food today in a store called Totus, basically like the Costco of Peru, and it freakin blew my mind!! I bought PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can buy peanut butter from a store right down the street!!!! So ya it’s gonna be a lot different here but it will be awesome. Mom you would be very happy because our house is way nicer and there is no mold on the walls and our bathroom is actually usable haha. So ya as I learn the area I will give you some more updates but I am way excited to be here and I am going to work as hard as I possibly can to change this area through the power of this gospel!!

So I had to say good bye to everyone in Zarumilla this week and that sucked!! I visited 3 familias my final night in Zarumilla and they all just cried their eyes out and it was so hard. Hermano Francisco, the husband of hermana Rebeca, is a manly man and he cried like a baby!! It was just really hard. When you dedicate your life to serving these people it is just terrible when you have to leave them. Every single one of them basically said that I have to come back after my mission and visit them and one of our investigators actually said that if I leave his familia was going to stop investigating the church!! So I talked to him and changed his mind on that but this is how I can see the success of my mission. I know I haven’t had any baptisms but I know that through this gospel I have changed the lives of many of the people of Zarumilla and that’s what it’s all about. Baptism is so important but what’s more important is making sure that every single person in this world feels the love that our Savior has for every single one of us. I love this work.

So ya all is well and I am super excited to work in this new area with Elder Mauricio. 

So glad to hear your week went good!! Sounds like you all kept busy and I’m glad to hear it’s nice and cold at home because it is hotter and hotter hear every day!! So that’s all for this week but I love you all so much!! Don’t worry about me because I think I’ve finally got this mission figured out haha!! I hope you all have an amazing week and I really like this scripture 3 Nephi 5:13!! I love you all so dang much and miss you like crazy but I love this work so I’m gonna stay here for another year and a half haha!! Love ya all!!

Much love

Elder Asher Dean Wilson

Familia Ramoz ‏ 

Familia de Liliana y Genaro ‏ 




No comments:

Post a Comment