This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Monday. February 16. 2015-Week 28


Elder Wilson, Elder Mauricio, and the Elders Quorum

Mi Familia!!

Hey guys!! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going great back at home!! I don't know why but every time I read your emails I just think you guys are so much stronger now that we ever were!! I am so happy that you guys are happy and feeling the amazing power of the Lord in your lives every day!! I cant wait to get back and see the differences in all of you. Sounds like Valentines went good and yes they celebrate it here.......I saw more Peruanos making out in that day than I would ever want to in my entire life!! But because they were all together walking around in the streets we contacted like 30ish families!! Hey every day has its ups and downs right haha?? Also you guys are going to California?? You never tell me anything haha;) That should be a fun trip. 

Ok so what a week this was!! I was as busy as I've ever been teaching and contacting and on top of all of that we had a reunion with Presidente Rowley and interviews with Presidente Rowley!! So let's talk about this interview with Presidente Rowley. That was definitely the most spiritual part of my week. I have never in my life felt the spirit so strong from someone in my entire life than Presidente Rowley, he is truly an inspired man of God!! So usually we get talked to about what we need to change and our problems in this interview but this one was a little different. I'm not going to say everything but you guys can rest assure that I am doing exactly what I need to be. Presidente Rowley told me that I have been a perfect example of diligence in my mission and that even though I haven't had a ton a leadership opportunities that I am one of the greatest leaders in this whole mission. Hearing all of that from him just really made me feel great because that just means that I am accomplishing the plan that God has for me here in Piura!! He also told me that I am a great reason for my parents to be proud. Wow....now it's just time to keep working and doing exactly what Presidente Rowley expects of me. 

Also a side note the nastiest thing that I ate this week was a huge plate of chicken stomachs hahaha it wasn't terrible but not my favorite!! They don't waste anything here in Peru!!

Were still working with Rony a ton and it has been easily the most amazing experience of my entire life to witness his change. He started out as a drug dealing gangster and is now a dedicated member (almost member) of our ward. He goes to ward activities by himself, he reads his BOM a ton every day and he is just living his life in order with the Gospel. I have the amazing opportunity to baptise him this weekend!! Keep praying for him because this is going to be a tough last week. Satan is going to be after him more than any other time in his life!! I love this mission and the amazing opportunities that I have like this to see the power of the gospel!!

Well that's all for this week. I am seriously working my butt off. I wake up at 5:50 to excercise, then study, then teach all day until 9:00 and then just pass out and do it all over again. I love this mission and I will continue to work like this until I am walking into our house at the end of it all. This is the most important work in the world and you all need to realize that we are all missionaries and that your part at home is just as important as my role out here in the mission field!! I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!! PRAY FOR RONY!!!!!!!!

Much Love 

Elder Asher Dean Wilson

My apartment is way better than in Zarumilla and we always have running water!!
I work with the kids a ton I just don't have any pictures with them
Its still super super poor here but people have a little more money than in Zarumilla

Elder Wilson with his current companion, Elder Mauricio, and his first companion, Elder Orellana



Rony

No comments:

Post a Comment