This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Monday. January 11. 2016-Week 74

Mi Familia

Well we finally made it to Tumbes. All it took was like 5 hours sitting in a car!! I was just thinking about it though. The last time that I was here in Tumbes was like 14 months ago!! It didn't seem like that much time had passed by!! So just gonna make the most of this short trip and who knows maybe I'll get to see some people that I knew from Zarumilla. 

It is really cool how the spirit works. I always pray for you guys. Every single day I am always praying for you all but in these last few days I have had the feeling that I needed to pray even more specifically about every single one of you individually. I prayed specifically that you would be protected physically and spiritually mom and I really feel as if the Lord completed with his part protecting you from something that could have been really bad. So that was just a reminder for me. When the spirit tells you to do something just do it!! It doesn't matter what it is or how strange it may seem because the spirit always has the reason and he is never going to tell us to do something that isn't important. So just know that I was there with you in spirit when you were going through all of that. I love you mom. 

My toe is still destroyed......like bad haha!! I think I may have an ugly toe for the rest of my life. But it doesn't hurt too bad so that's good but I really have no idea what I should do for it because right now I'm not doing anything. So give me some advice of that bad boy unless you want me to have a zombie toe forever!!

Elder Gandarillas is the best and a serious bro. We are preaching the gospel in incredible ways right now!!  Enough said.

Well today for our like hour and a half of P Day we went and played soccer with our ward. With all of the young men and some of the old men and all of the Elders. It was awesome because we played on a field of like ankle deep sand!! It was so hard to run but seriously one of the best workouts and also one of the funniest experiences of my life haha!! People were getting super competitive because Peruanos do not like to lose so everyone just started taking each other out and it sort of turned into a huge game of like sand rugby!! Everyone walked away bruised and sweating and covered from head to toe in sand or mud or some nasty combination of the two haha pure awesomeness!! 

He I haven't told you yet but the bishop of our ward, Obispo Silva, just got called to be a mission president in Peru!! Pretty dang cool!! He is a great man and it going to do many great things in his mission!!

This week was completely crazy and busy. We were in interviews every single day of the week with president and going straight into the work in our area as soon as we were done. Interviews might not be the funnest thing in the entire world but we really do help our president in a lot of things and that makes it worth it for me because he is one incredible man and I am really learning a ton from him. But our area is doing insanely awesome!! In these next 3 weeks we have plans to baptise like 6 or 7 people!! Everyone is listening to us and reading their books of mormon and really receiving their own personal answers and it is amazing!! But something even cooler happened this Sunday. So a big problem here in the mission is getting people to go to church. Usually a normal Sunday is to have 1 or 2 investigators in the church but we decided that if we really want to help these people we need to focus a little more in the church. So this week we were just talking about the church and the sacrament and the importance of it all and making people promise us to go. So Sunday morning came rolling around and we went out to pick everyone up to go to church and a miracle happened. Every single person that we had invited was sitting by their front door ready to go with us to church!! We had like 12 people that were less actives and investigators in the church this Sunday!! They all loved it too!! When we put goals with the help of the Lord he is really going to help us to complete them if we just have the faith to do it. So ya our ward is going great and also the people that we are teaching. 

This week I want to ask for your guys help in a couple of things. So we are teaching a few people that are in their 20s and have been into the party life pretty hard for the last little while. So this week we talked all about the Word of Wisdom with them and explained to them how terrible all of that stuff is for their body and spirit and asked them if they would live it. They both said yes but that it was going to be something very hard for them. The world is strong, our friends have a big impact on our life and the things may be hard but the Lord is stronger and if we trust in him he will never let us down and will always help us to achieve the impossible. That is what we promised them but like they said it is still going to be hard that is why this week I would like you guys to all pray especially for Pia and Raul so that they can stop drinking and stuff like that and so they can overcome all of the temptations that are going to be coming their way. You guys are awesome so just help them out with this!! 

Well that's all I've got for this week because I am writing in some small internet shack in Tumbes and we just don't have too much time. No pictures for right now but I'll try to send some later. I love you guys so much and just want you to know that I know that this Church is true. I have been serving the Lord for a long time now and I can honestly say with all of my heart that He lives and He loves all of us so much. If we just follow Him and become humble and submissive and do His will we will never lack anything but we will have everything that is necessary for our lives. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and is completely perfect. Never stop reading it, pondering it and praying about it to have that ever growing testimony that all of us need. We are children of an all powerful God. Never forget that we have divine potential to do great things through our faith, diligence and obedience. Well I'm pretty sure I spelt like 3956 words wrong in this letter haha but you guys get the point. I love you all, I am always praying for you and hope yall have a great week!! 

Much Love 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment