This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Monday. April 25. 2016-Week 89

With Elder Culaca!

My church building.

Welcome to Paita!!

More Paita!


My area . . . . desert!


Our place.




Bano!


Fishin!
Mi Familia

Well guys it sounds like you had a seriously busy week. For sure it is one that I wish I could have been there for but I know that I am where I am for a reason. Reading all of the stories of what happened was honestly super special for me. We have such a strong family. Every single one of you played a huge part it sounds like and I am sure that Jaja was right there with you all as you honored her because I sure know that I felt her spirit here with me. 

Today we went fishing!!! I'll send pictures but lets just say that round one of fishing in Paita kicked our butts hahaha!!

This week has honestly been super crazy for me. Its been a loooooong time since I've just had the chance to work all day every day proselyting but this week I finally had the opportunity and we took advantage of it!! We visited, served and just helped every single person possible and we are already making some serious head way in this area with a rough history. This branch hasn't baptized anyone for much more than a year but we are about to change that!!!! The work will move forward. 

So Elder Culaca is awesome!! He is from Lima, from a part called Callao, and he is 18 years old. Finally a companion that is younger than me haha but it does make me feel kind of old. He has 6 months in the mission and he is just super full of energy. He has had sort of a tough time starting his mission up but from what I have seen of him he is super strong and ready to just share this message with everyone. We are going to be like Alma and Amulek in Ammonihah. Full of the spirit and ready to serve the Lord. He also wants to work out with me every morning! It is awesome because he just goes for it even if I am doing some sort of crazy work out because he say that he's gonna get BIG hahaha!!!! He is going to be an amazing last companion and I know that we are going to get some serious work done together. 

Well as you guys know we are opening our area so we really showed up here without anything. We didn't know the members, we didn't really have any investigators and we had no idea even where our area was but we are really starting to figure it all out. We are working in a very, very humble area that is full of people!! Like more people in this area than any other area that I have ever seen!! So we just started off doing what we do best. Knocking doors and talking to everyone in the street. We managed to get into a ton of homes and share this message with a ton of people and families and many of them have already showed a huge interest to learn more. It's sort of a hard thing to open up a new area but it has been a cool experience to just start from nothing so that we can see the difference that we make here during our time in this area.

We had a super cool experience last night. Usually we have to be in our room at like 8 pm on Sunday to report how our week went but as we were walking home Elder Culaca just looked at me and said Elder Wilson I think we should knock this last door. We haven't knocked it yet and we still have a little time. I said heck yes and we went for it. Right as we were knocking our district leader called us to report but a 20 year old kid named Alejandro opened to door and invited us in so we decided that we would report a little bit later. We taught him and he explained that he was religious but has been searching the truth for a long time and he had never known where to look before we shared James 1:5 with him. "If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of God." He said that he believes in God with all of his heart and that he believes what we taught him but is going to ask God first to make sure it is the truth. He told us that he wants to learn more and that he believes that God sent us to him so that he can find the truth in this life. When we left we called our district leader, only like an hour late haha, and he was a little upset I think but let me tell you sometimes you have to choose better or best and I am sure that in this moment we chose best. Always listen to the spirit and be ready for him to show you where to go and what to do and then just do it. 

I also had the chance to give a really cool blessing to an 80 year old man this week. He is one of the first members of the church to come to Paita and everyone knows him. His children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are missionaries and members of the church. He is dying of cancer and the doctors have told him that it's just a matter of waiting but he is in pain. So he asked the sister missionaries to call us to give him a blessing so that he could just be in peace. So we went and I had the opportunity to bless him and the spirit was just so strong. We blessed that man with the love that the Lord has for him and when we finished he wasn't squirming or crying but he was just in a calm rest. The power of the priesthood is the power of God. He has called us to bless his children with it and we must be ready to do so. Super super cool experience.  

Well that's all for now. I love you guys and am super proud of all of you. You are always in my prayers and I hope that you keep me in yours. Pray for our area!! 

Much Love

Elder Wilson

P.S I am not sick anymore but I have like a hard core runny nose for like 10 days now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment