This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Monday. May 2. 2016-Week 90


Mi Familia,

What's up Wilson Fam!!!!!! Sounds like the life hasn't slowed down at all back at home!! But that's ok because maybe you're starting to feel a little bit of what we are feeling here in Paita!! I have honestly never worked so hard in my entire life!! When we get back to our room at night poor Elder Culaca always says "Elder Wilson.......me vas a matar!!" Which means Elder Wilson.........you're going to kill me hahahaha!! We have been putting ourselves to the ultimate work test and the blessings are really starting to come. 

Tater keep up the sweet soccer playing bro!! Hope you guys kill it in state cup this year. Take care of those Nationals fools and keep practicing because my soccer skills are almost unmatched right now haha!! 

Ok so about the pictures of my house that I sent. I don't know if you saw the pictures of the bathroom very good. That sucker is so dang small!!!! I seriously can't even get in there to go to the bathroom!! I have to go in sideways haha but ya besides that it's a really nice house. And no cockroaches!!!

Well all the missionaries in my zone have officially started calling me the dinosaur because I am old as dirt here in the mission........it sucks getting old let me tell you haha!! But ya it is really weird being the oldest missionary in my zone but it also has given me a ton of teaching opportunities to help the younger missionaries to learn how to do it right. I think for that reason Jedi Master would be more appropriate than dinosaur!!

So as for my week......

7 Yea, verily, verily, I say unto you, that the field is white already to harvest; wherefore, thrust in your sickles, and reap with all your might, mind, and strength.

8 Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness.

 9 Yea, open your mouths and spare not, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your backs, for lo, I am with you.

 10 Yea, open your mouths and they shall be filled, saying: Repent, repent, and prepare ye the way of the Lord, and make his paths straight; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand;

D&C 33: 7-10

Well that is just about how I want to explain this week. We as missionaries don't have control of how many people accept this message, we don't have control of how many people go to church and we sure don't have control of how many people accept being baptized but we sure as heck do have control over one thing and that is how many people will hear this message. There are many responsibilities that we must complete to be true representatives of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ but if we have any sort of desire to complete with His will we must be willing to share what we know with everyone. Young or Old, Male or Female, from whatever religion or background they may come from we must present every soul with the opportunity to accept this message in their lives so that they too can reach this fullness of joy that we have experienced through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 

That's what Elder Culaca and I realized this week more than anything else. We are in a new area and trying to get to know new people and it has been sort of hard. But after studying and reading and praying and fasting the only thing that came to our mind is to do what this scripture says. So this whole week we opened our mouths and we shared the gospel with everyone!! Not a person would pass us in the streets without hearing what we had to say and we honestly tried to knock every door in our area. Well obviously there was a lot of rejection that went on but you would be amazed with all of the amazing people that we found!! We found multiple families, we found 20 year old kids passing through some serious problems that asked us for help and we saw many, many miracles along the way. The icing on top of the cake was that this Sunday we were able to bring 8 people to church with us!! To think that we are just starting with mission work in this area and now we have almost 10 investigators going to church is amazing to me. So in the end of it all if you are ever thinking of sharing the gospel with someone and are trying to figure out how, when or to who just trust in what the scriptures say. Open your mouths and they shall be filled.

Ya I really do love this area and our branch is super strong!! It's full of returned missionaries!! They have all been really cool and have gone out visiting with us and I don't know but we are preparing ourselves for great things here in this area. 

So as for skype. I have no idea how we are going to do it. In our area there really aren't too many members that have internet haha so well have to see what kind of place we can find to do it. Just know that I will mostly likely be calling Sunday in the afternoon but I'll call before to let you guys know when. 

So that's all for now. I am loving this new area and Elder Culaca is a boss!! I honestly couldn't be any happier than I am right now. Just loving life and serving the Lord. I love you guys and well be talking soon!!! Have a great week and pray for Rosio, Kenji and his family, Pier and his family, Vanesa and Billy, Hugo, Edgar, and my area!!

Much Love

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment