This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Monday. May 30. 2016-Week 94


Beach selfie.

With Elder Mooring.

Elder Culaca.




On a rock tower and majestically looking to sea.......haha. ‏


Mi Familia

Well guys today is officially the first day of my last transfer in the mission. It is a super weird feeling and I don't really know what to think about it besides that I am going to work my dang butt off for this last month and a half!! In the words of Elder Culaca Vamos a destruir el mundo!!!! We're going to destroy the world!!!!! 

Glad to hear that all went well in your trip and with Grammy y Papa. It sure will be good to see them again. Tater excellent job on the soccer field. Keep it up bro and don't let the Nationals beat you!! Also Perry good luck on your soccer try outs. I know you are going to do great!! 

Last night was a super sad one for me but also awesome. We were in a lesson and our phone just kept ringing and ringing but obliviously I didn't answer it because we were teaching a family. When we left I called the number back, because it was an unknown number, and Elder Gandarillas answered!! Elder Gandarillas finishes his mission tomorrow and I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to see him before he was off to Bolivia but he had called me to say that he was in Paita trying to find me haha!! So we met up and I got to say good bye to that fool. Honestly that was a hard one. Elder Gandarillas is seriously my best friend in the mission and who knows the next time that I'll be able to see him because he lives in freaking Bolivia!! So honestly that was a huge blessing for me to be able to see him off. He also told me that all is going great with Kevin, Yolanda and Raul and the Familia Llacas!!

In this last week we have been tearing it up in our area!! We have been finding a ton of new people to teach but it has been hard getting people to make the choice to get baptized. I don't know what it is but they just haven't been understanding the importance here and its' been sort of hard. So this last week thinking with Elder Culaca we decided that it was time to just focus in on the people that we are teaching and really finding out what they need. When Elder Godoy came and talked to us he taught us an awesome way to do it with the baptismal interview questions so that's what we did. We did it with 3 people up to this point and all 3 of them have committed to baptismal dates. After all we had been teaching them and trying to do for them all they needed was someone to answer the small questions that they had about the church and a few commandments. It just made me think. I have been studying this for the last 2 years of my life but now I can really testify as did Alma in Alma 31 verse 35. The souls of these people are precious to God and it is our responsibility to help them return to His presence. If we do it right and really look to help and love the people and not just shove information down their throats the Lord will give us the part of His spirit that we need to convert. So ya that's how we've been doing it this week and it looks like were going to be  going out guns blazing in this last transfer. 

Also this Sunday we had a huge show-up at church!! Usually we have less than 100 people there but this week 124 people went!! We are getting there and all of the members are super excited and helping us a ton in the work. 

So as for something about the gospel. This week I have been reading and studying the story of Abraham in Genesis and I came across something that I really liked. In Genesis chapter 18 it is talking about when the 3 holy men go to Abraham and tell him that his wife Sara would give birth to Isaac. Well during this time Sara was about 100 years old so she didn't believe it. So she went in the tent and started to laugh because she thought that they were crazy (verse 12) but in the next verse is the teaching that I really liked. Verse 14 says, "Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son." That question got to me. Sara was 100 years old basically and it was impossible for her to have a son but there is nothing too hard for the Lord!! If there is anything that we can realize in this life is that nothing is too hard for the Lord and that through our faith and our obedience to his laws and commandments all things are possible. Not only did Sara give birth but she gave birth to a son who would be a huge part in completing the promise that Christ made with Abraham. Nothing is too hard for the Lord and if we look to Him in all things he will direct us and guide us back to our Heavenly home. He will not allow us to fall because He loves us. 

Ok that's all for now. I love you guys. Time is short but still lots of work to do so please pray for Luis Arevalo, Rosio Chapilliquen, Hermana Vanessa and her family and the family Collazos and for Elder Culaca and I. You guys are the best and I love you a ton. Hope you have a great week!! 

Much Love

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment