This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday. December 14. 2015-Week 70



With the whole family!

Yolanda and Kevin.

Kevin, Yolanda and all the others that were baptized.

Elder Wilson & Elder Soto.

The Rasmussen's, Elder Soto and I with all the new converts and missionaries.

Elder Gandarillas!!!! ‏

Mi Familia!!!

Well guys this week was insane for me. Lots of things have changed but the biggest one is my companion. Elder Soto is going home now so I am with my new companion Elder Gandarillas!! He is from Bolivia (I love Bolivians!!! I was with a Bolivian, Elder Antonio, last Christmas too!!) and he really is one of my good friends here in the mission. I still don't know him a ton but he is just one of those great guys who loves the work and wants to be great friends in our companionship and heck ya I am just pumped to be getting to work with him. So ya like always just pray for us both so that we can have a ton of success working here in our area!!

Mom you made a great move sending me those workout videos!! I have been working out my entire mission and all has been going well but those workout videos are kicking my freaking butt!! I always made fun of workout videos and those dorky trainers that do all the moves with like 5 other people and weird stuff like that but after a few days of it my legs hurt so bad that I couldn't even sit down right hahahaha!! Who would have known that the only thing you need to stay in shape on the mission is a video trainer hahaha!! But you guys should see it haha I get up early so I can get a bunch of workout stuff done and all the other people that live here just get up and sit around watching and laughing at me while I am doing it hahahaha seriously everyone in the mission is now making fun of me for my sweet workout videos!!

I am like 99% sure that I never want to have a job that makes me have to sit on a computer for a long time. This week we had to do transfers here in the mission. It was my first time doing it and very sadly it won't be my last time doing it haha. We were on the computers for like almost 10 hours just setting up all the plans and making sure that everything was worked out and organized and ya in those moments I decided that I am just not a computer kind of guy haha well my patriarchal blessing did say that I would find a lot of answers on my mission and I think this was just another one that I found. But don't worry all of the transfers turned out great. 

This week was also a beautiful week for a very special reason. Kevin and Yolanda were baptised this Saturday along with like 25 other people!! We had a big Noche Blanca in our stake or White Christmas and all of the missionaries in our stake brought people to baptise and we did a big presentaciĆ³n for them and had special musical numbers and just a ton of awesome stuff. Kevin and Yolanda might have been the most prepared people that I have baptised in my whole mission. They seriously told me that you could take everything from them, every single thing in their lives and that they would never stop going to church and believing in this gospel. Kevin also told me that for all that has happened and for our examples that he is more than 100% sure that he will be serving a mission!! When they said that to me it seriously brought tears to my eyes. They are just so pure and perfect now and I know that they will be tested and tried but they will never lose their faith because they have seen so many miracles in their lives. Elder Soto baptised Yolanda and I got to baptise Kevin. Also if Kevin serves a mission right when he can he will be serving at exactly the same time as Tate would be. That would be pretty cool if they met each other in the CCM someday!! The other awesome thing that happened with their baptism is that Raul and Evaline, the other 2 kids of Yolanda, went to the baptism!! Raul has already been listening to us a little but this was the first time for Evaline and they loved it!! They told us that they want to start listening to more lessons and they promised us that they are going to start coming to church!! When the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ enters into a home or into a family everything changes. Hermana Yolanda told us that her son Raul was a drug addict and a gang member and that his life was just lost but the light of the gospel touched his heart and now he wants to feel even more of that!! I love the gospel and I love that family so much!!

Hey super glad to hear that you guys are getting so into the spirit of Christmas!! I am loving it here in Peru. We are listening to the music and putting up lights and all of that good stuff but more than anything just trying to remember to keep Christ in Christmas. I know you guys are doing a great job of it so just keep sharing the true meaning of Christmas with everyone around you!!

Ok well I've got to go. I love you guys so much and I'm always praying for you. Just never stop praying for me and all the people in my area because they need you guys so much!! Have a great week!!

Much Love 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment