This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Monday. February 8. 2016-Week 78

Mancora!!








Raul's BIG day!!






Mi Familia

Hey it seems like forever since I last wrote you guys!! Sorry about last week haha we went on an adventure. So here in the mission there is a beach in Tumbes that is called Mancora and we as missionaries don't have permission to go there because it is basically like the Las Vegas of Peru haha! Well we got a call from another mission saying that they needed a birth certificate from someone who lived in Mancora so we had to go and pick it up for them. So president gave us permission and we took off. The first missionaries to go to Mancora hahaha!! It was a sweet little beach town but it had many characteristics just like Las Vegas so we didn't want to stay there that long so we got the papers, checked out the beach and tried to find a bus to head back to Piura but there wasn't any!!! I guess only 2 buses pass by Mancora every day so we had to wait until super late to get on the bus and get back to Piura!! So we adventured around Mancora and contacted and handed out a few pass along cards and stuff. The seed has been planted in Mancora Peru!!

Peyton Manning with another dang super bowl........I was going for the panthers haha but ohh well I don't even have an idea of what's going on in the football world right now. 

RAUL GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After all of our hard work, all of our fasting and all of the many miracles that we have seen with him we have finally brought Raul to the truth. He is so amazing and I am sure that he will be a friend for the rest of my life. He has passed through so many hard things in his life with his dad and drugs and alcohol and he has just overcome everything because of the testimony that he has received that the gospel has been restored here on the earth. I got to baptize him because he asked me to and it was a huge honor. So many people went to the baptism also!! He is very loved here in the ward. Out of all the people there were 2 that we the happiest out of anyone. His mother (Yolanda) and his brother (Kevin). We completed the family!!!!!! They are all members of the true and restored church of Christ and are now getting themselves ready to complete with their goal of being sealed as a family and then heading out on the mission. This work is just a huge chain. I was baptized by dad. I baptized Perry and all of the people that I have baptized here in the mission. Now there are some of my converts that have goals to go on missions and to continue baptizing to make sure that this chain keeps growing until every person has had the opportunity to accept this gospel in their lives. It is all just so perfect and I am just so happy that Raul had the chance to take this first step. I still ask you guys to keep praying and fasting for this family because they are super important and they are still going to need lots of help to keep moving along in the gospel. 

Also this week just want to ask you guys to pray for 2 families that we are teaching that are going to get married this week!! Familia Llacsa and also la familia Saavedra. They are awesome and super prepared and just need the extra little push from you guys to get it all done. Also pray a lot for Hermana Juan Orosco so that he can receive answers in his life about the Book of Mormon!! Love you guys!! 

So right now in the mission we are working with a program that is called How to Start Baptizing. It is just a way that we have created to enter into the homes of more people and to share our message in a simpler way. It was been working great but it just felt a little weird to me. So I decided to study with this in mind the other day. By the way that is how I always study, with a question in mind so that the scriptures and the spirit can give me the answer. I asked how I could be a better teacher and also complete with this new system that we are using. I was reading in the bible in John 8 when they were talking about the lady that was caught in the act of adultery. When I started reading it I just thought of all the people who I have met that are struggling with weaknesses in their lives and how hard these things can be. I kept reading until I came to the famous line of Christ. He said, ´´Let any of you that is without sin cast the first stone.´´ I guess I had never really thought much about this example. This woman had broken a rule that was established by our Father in Heaven and many people condemned her for it but our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ did not. What right have we as imperfect people to condemn the actions of others. Well I hadn't been condemning the actions of other people or anything like that but in this moment the spirit just testified to my heart that I needed to love the people that I am serving and teaching even more. I need to see every young kid that I am teaching as Tate or Perry. I need to see every adult that I am teaching as Mom or Dad because when I do I will know that I am teaching in the way that the Lord wants me to. He loves us so much we have no idea and if we really want to feel this huge love he expects us to share it with others. So go out of your way to love others. Even if you feel like you are doing this already there is just so much more that you can do. So take the oath and love like Christ loves us!!

So I know I didn't answer all of your questions or anything like that but I've gotta wrap it up for today. I love you all so much and I just thank you for everything that you do for me. I didn't arrive to where I am today by myself. I have a loving Heavenly Father that has helped me and I have an amazing family that I can always count on and that has helped me to truly center my life in Christ. I am serving for you guys  too and I hope you feel the blessings. I was reading in the book of Joshua this week and something just made me think of you guys. In Joshua 24:15 he is asking the people if they want to serve other Gods or the Amorites but then he goes on to say ´´But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.´´ I can truly say that we as a family are here to serve the Lord. I love you all. I am always praying for you. Talk soon!!

Much Love 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment