This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Email to Family and Friends

Friends and Family,

First off Merry Christmas to everyone!! What a wonderful time of the year to be with the family and make memories. Thanks to everyone who has been emailing me or sending me letters I seriously appreciate it so much!! You don't understand how good it feels to know that I have all of you guys at home thinking about me and praying for me so thanks it is greatly appreciated here. 

I just wanted to send this quick email to you all to remind you of the reason that we celebrate this special holiday. It is great to receive and even better to give but the reason that we celebrate Christmas is to remember our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I hope you all share the same love that I do for our Savior. I have such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and really of His love for each and every one of us. He lived His entire life to establish a gospel for us so that we can learn of how to return to Him after this life and then He suffered and died for us to provide for us the means to overcome this death and truly obtain perfection. What am amazing gift. We can truly reach perfection through Christ and His Atonement for us. Everyone, this is why we celebrate Christmas. We celebrate to remember our Lord, Savior, Example, and Older Brother Jesus Christ. So I invite each and every one of you to put the gifts to the side and to be with your family, to maybe skip one Christmas party and read the Christmas Story (Luke 2), and after all of this to really just sit back and feel His love. 

I love each and every one of you so much because every single one of you has made a great impact on my life in one way or another. I really wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for all of you and for that I am eternally grateful. So to end once again I invite all of you to join me in remembering the life our our Savior during this Christmas season. We are all here in this life for a reason and that reason is Him. So remember Him, love Him, and I promise you all that if you put all of your thoughts and actions in Christ this will be one of the most unforgettable Christmases you will every have!!

I love you all sooooooooo much and wish you all a Merry Christmas!!

¡Feliz Navidad!

Elder Asher Dean Wilson

Mission Peru, Piura

No comments:

Post a Comment