This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Monday. June 8. 2015-Week 44


La Familia!!!

Wow you guys are already in summer break?! How is that even possible!! It seems like school just started for Tate and Perry and now they are done!! Haha crazy to think that at this time last year I was pulling all of my stuff together to get ready for my mission!! Well I hope you guys enjoy it and get to do lots of great stuff and more than anything that Tater´s knee can get better quick. Elder Gonzales and I fasted and prayed for ya this week bro and I hope you know that everything is going to go great. Through your faith anything is possible. So just put your faith in the Lord in this rough time and just know that He will help you.

This week was so short!! It seems like I was just emailing home yesterday and now I am writing you again haha. Time flies too fast. This week was packed with stuff to do!! More than anything right now in our mission we are all focusing on trying to find new families to teach and baptise so we have been going to town trying to find them for ourselves and also through our members. It is impossible to do the work of the Lord solo as a missionary so for that reason I am so thankful for everything that our ward is doing to help us. This week we had 2 big Family Home Evenings and we came across 2 new families and also a few new investigatores!! It is such a blessing to have a ward that does everything that they can to help the missionaries because we have a hard job haha. We are only in 1 area for a little bit of time and then bam we leave to a new area so we really don't have much time to know the people here. Our members on the other hand live here and know everyone so when we can coordinate our efforts to bring people unto Christ it is a beautiful thing!! So yes the F.H.E's went great and now we are starting to visit all of these people and they are really listening to us and a few of them even want to be baptised!! Love my ward!!
 
This week I had my big reunion for leaders here in the mission with Presidente Rowley and it was a thing of beauty. This was his last capacitation here in the mission so he just laid it all out and told us how it is. His testimony is so strong and it just hits me soooo hard every time I hear him talk!! I am going to miss that man so dang much!! He leaves the 28 of this month so he still has a few weeks left but it's going to kill me to see him go:( I am so excited to work with the new president but it's just going to be such a change. So please pray for our new mission president!!
 
The last big thing that happened this week is that it was Jamil´s birthday!! 15 years old!! So we went to his house and smashed eggs on his head like we always do haha I have the most awesome video of it!! 

Ok so this week you guys need to pray for a few people. Hermano Carlo Chapilliquen, Viviana Viera, Omar y Margarita, and Marcos Maldonado!! We are trying to baptise all of them in these next few weeks but we need your help!! 

I'm only gonna answer a few.
Best Part: My reunion with Presidente Rowley.....
Funniest: A huge fat man got on his roof and started running around butt naked haha tons of people were taking pictures of it!!!! ........
Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 14:2-5 (Don't judge!! We are far from perfect and the best thing that we could possibly do is help others and love them with all of their imperfectness.).....
Gino and Elder Gonzales are great!! They are both learning so much reading the Book of Mormon for the first time and I am really just trying to be here to guide them along!! Love those 2!! Also we are working on getting Gino married and he is getting with it!!.......
Food: This week we made some crazy sausage, egg, cheese mixture and it was awesome haha college food ideas!! 

Ok well that's all I've got for this week. Just want to end with a little thought. Alma 38:9 ("And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness."). There is no other way for us to be saved or even to think of being saved except through Christ. He is perfection and He loves each and every one of us more than we can imagine. I am so thankful for what He has done for us but sometimes I wonder if we really do all that we can to show it to Him. We need to watch the path of our feet and establish our foundation upon His principles and His example. It will never be easy but we know the reward that we will receive. ETERNAL LIFE!! It is literally waiting for us and all we have to do is take it!! Press forward clinging to the faith and I know that the Lord will always extend His hand to help us. This life is a battle but through the church, the scriptures and our faith we have all that we need to win. Never give up on what you know to be true and you will be eternally rewarded. I love you all so much and I hope you are all happy. This is the Lord´s church and I am so thankful to have a family supporting me in this work that I am doing. Hope you have a great week and Tate I'm praying for you buddy. Love you all so much!!

Much Love 

Elder Wilson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment