This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Monday. June 1. 2015-Week 43

Hermana Marlena-She is always looking out for me and cooking for me and also is the mom of our investigator Viviana!! She is awesome!!


Mi Familia!!

Well like you guys said 10 months down in the service of the Lord!! Where in the heck has the time gone!! I talked with Elder Russell and Elder Moses this morning (they were members of my first district in Zarumilla) and they almost died when I said that I had 10 months because they remembered when I first showed up!! When you are focused in the work time doesn't exist!!

Sounds like you guys had a crazy awesome week. I swear as soon as I left home you guys just started doing all kinds of awesome stuff!! Just waited for 18 years to start going on crazy adventures and good stuff like that hahaha I feel loved;) I've heard lots about jump creek but I never went but it looks cool.
 
We should all fast together as a family this weekend for Tate's knee surgery!! I'm going to do it so join me!!

Well guys this week was crazy and terrible and amazing all at the same time. Let's just get the bad stuff out of the way. This week for about 3 days I was terribly sick. Like throwing up and spending some serious time in the bathroom kind of sick. I have had the flu before at home but here it is freaking powerful haha I seriously thought that I was going to die!! It was honestly miserable, no other words to describe it. The worst part of it all was that this Friday was the baptism interview for Hermana Maria. I really didn't think that I could do it because I couldn't walk 5 steps without exploding..explosively!! But I got down on my knees (very slowly) and offered up my soul to God. I told Him how important this was for me to be there for Hermana Maria and that if I couldn't go then she most likely wouldn't be baptised and let me just say He answered my prayers with power. I was able to walk about 2 miles from our house to pick up Maria and then another mile to the church and then to wait for the hour during her interview and finally to return home, to fall over and die for the rest of the night haha!! All I could think about as Alma 26:12 ("Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.") which is my favorite scripture. Read it, think about this story and it will strengthen your faith in Him. So yes we did baptise Hermana Maria this weekend!! It was an amazing service especially with her 7 children sitting there in the front row watching the whole thing!! She is a super mom and has done everything for her kids and now has really sealed the deal because the whole family are members and they have plans to get sealed in the temple of Trujillo in 1 year!!!! I love this family so dang much and thank the Lord every day for giving me the chance to work with them over these last almost 6 months!! I baptised her for invitation and when we entered the water she just kept saying wow....que vacan haha which means how awesome haha!!!! Great day overall and now we just keep working with her to make her stronger in the church!!

Now for some of your questions.

1. We are teaching a ton of families and are really seeing some success with the family Sanchez and the family Olaya so please pray for them. Also pray for us to find families that are ready to be baptised because that is our goal!!

2. Haven't heard anything about Rony and its killing me. I really don't know if I will ever see him again. Please pray for him.

3. Gino is good and so is Elder Gonzales but I had to kick his butt about a few things this week. It's all good now though. We had lunch in Gino´s house today with the district and we cooked tacos!! First time eating them in my mission!!!

4. Favorite Scripture of the week. Helaman 6:3 ("Nevertheless, the people of the church did have great joy because of the conversion of the Lamanites, yea, because of the church of God, which had been established among them. And they did fellowship one with another, and did rejoice one with another, and did have great joy."). I love the message it has about how happy we as members should be for the conversion of our brothers and sisters.

So that's all for this week. I am great. I seriously love this work so much and I wouldn't trade it for anything!! Who would!? This work is perfect in every way and I know it is part of Gods plan for me. I won't stop working because people need me. I hope you guys have a great week. I love you so much and I'm always praying for you!!

Much Love 

Elder Wilson
 
 
Lunch at Gino's
 
The district.

Baptism of Hermana Maria


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment