This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Monday. July 20. 2015-Week 50

Welcome to Sullana!!!

 
 
Mi Familia

What's up family!! Sounds like you guys had another great week as usual. Dad had a little High Adventure action (the white water rafting trip we did was one of the funnest times I've ever had), got to watch some sweet soccer and you 2 old farts have now been together for 20 flippin years!! Haha!! Mom and Dad, you are really a great example to me of what a good solid relationship should be so keep it up!! Tate I will only accept you joining swim team if you rock a sweet speedo for all of your races!! Don't worry Ill look for a sweet one here with the flag of Peru or something;) 

Ok to answer some of your questions. Elder Garay is better now but we had to go to the hospital and they had to shove a camera down his throat to see his stomach and they cut some stuff out and ya wow it wasn't too fun but he is fine now and he thanks you all for the prayers. We are both zone leaders. In this mission they always put the zone leaders together so we can share some of the responsibilities. We live on the third floor of this building and yes the room is quite big but you have to remember I am still living in Peru and heck no we don't have any air conditioning!!! Our pensionista is great and her cooking rocks!! She doesn't live in this building but pretty close. 

Ok, I don't have time to answer any more but this week went pretty awesome (except for going to the doctor with Elder Garay). We had almost the whole week to just work!! In all my time as ZL I haven't had any time to do that so it was amazing and a true answer to my prayers!! We worked our butts off and found a bunch of new people to teach including like 3 new families that want to learn more from us!! When we taught one of them the spirit was literally so strong that it brought tears to my eyes and I just said a little, silent prayer to my Father in Heaven thanking Him for giving me amazing opportunities like this. I just can't imagine how different my life would be right now if I had decided to not go on a mission. I know I would still be living right and doing my best to serve the Lord but this is easily the best thing that I have ever done. Some people don't like it here and don't want to work but I love this mission more than anything else. I am seriously just so happy like happier than I have ever been before and I know that is because I have finally found my true calling in this world. Ya I'm gonna lax it up hard, ya I'm gonna study and work but for the rest of my life the #1 thing is always going to be completing with the work of the Lord. Wow I'm seriously feeling the spirit today and I just feel like preaching to the world. So the new families that we are teaching are called the family Hierron, Zapata, and the family Nole. Please pray for them because they really need your help and I know it will make a big difference for them. The other thing that happened a lot this week is that when I was showing my book of pictures to people everyone was telling me that dad is famous because he looks exactly like one of the people that acts on one of their TV shows hahahaha!! I seriously laughed so dang hard!! So dad you  are officially famous here in Peru. So ya nothing too huge this week except for the doctors appointment with Elder Garay but it was just awesome to have a solid week to work. We also contacted more than 100 new people to teach this week. 

Ok well that's all I've got for this week. But I love you guys. I am so thankful for all of the hard work that you have done to help me get out here on my mission. I really couldn't ask for a better family. I hope that all is going well for you and just know that everything that I am doing here is for you guys. I'm always praying for you all and tell Aaron to get his butt in gear and to freaking email me!! Ok well got to go but love you guys and talk to you soon.

Much Love 

Elder Wilson

P.S Today we went to an awesome place and drank coconut milk!! Super good but now everyone in our zone has diarrhea hahaha!!
 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment