This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday. July 27. 2015-Week 51

Mi Familia!!!!!
 
Hey yall!! Well this was another serious week of work here in Mission Peru Piura,the best mission in the world, and it sounds like it was another busy week back at home too. Camps and activities and traveling and snow cones.....man I do miss a good snow cone!! You guys really do know how to keep busy!! Dad thanks for your email and all of your sports updates!! It's gonna kill me to miss another whole season of football and lacrosse but hey at least I know a little more about what's going on now. Your rafting trip looked pretty sweet!! That trip was easily one of the best weeks I've had. Rafting and playing that crazy capture the flag war game haha good times. Tate I see that you have officially taken everything that used to be mine and are now using it as your own........interesting tactic but don't worry I only have one year left and then I will be home to beat on you haha.
 
This week was great. To start off we contacted 140 new people in the streets this week and are ready to start visiting the majority of them in their homes!! So thank you for all of your prayers because this week they really helped me to meet some new people. We have been working a ton with Hermana Soledad and she now has a baptism date for 16 of August!! She is really excited but still a little scared so keep on praying for her and I will keep you updated on how she is progressing.
 
This week we had the first half of our interviews with Presidente Rasmussen. Our zone is the biggest one in the whole mission so when we have interviews with the president we have to break it into two parts. 7 companionships the first week and 6 the next week. I didn't have my interview but we had to interview all of the people in our zone after they talked to presidente about how their area is going and they had to show us evidence that they are really working and stuff like that. So ya it all went good but wow it was a long day!! 7 in the morning until 6:30 in the evening!!!! My butt hurt so bad after sitting for that long hahaha!!!! Also that same night we had a big activity in our ward and we watched meet the Mormons. Tons of people showed up including 15 new investigators from our area!!! So now we have even more people to visit!! Life is just going good here in Sullana!! 

Ok so big news...........in August we as a mission are going to be going on a trip to a nearby city called Chiclayo to hear Elder David A. Bednar talk!!!! We get to go listen to a member of the 12 speak!! I was so surprised and excited when we got the news!! So ya pretty much the best 1 year in the mission present ever haha!! 

Ya so with that in mind this week I will be completing my 1 year mark in my mission. I can't believe that I have already been out for so long!! I am already done with half of this journey and it really is a bittersweet moment. This mission has easily been the greatest time of my entire life. It has also been the hardest time in my entire life. I have learned so much in my time here from teaching and studying and living on my own it is just crazy but there is one thing that I have learned more than anything else. I love some of the words of Jesus Christ that He gave to the Nephite people during His time here in the Americas. In 3 Nephi 12:14-16 it says:
 
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
 
This scripture has really made a huge difference for me during my time here in Peru as a missionary. I loved my life before my mission and trust me I am going to return to living life after my mission but it will just never be the same now that I know what is my true calling as a literal son of God. My calling is to be a light to this world. A light that can never be put out. A light that will shine forth in any situation and in front of any person without fear. There is nothing more perfect or sweeter than the gospel of Jesus Christ and I am so thankful for it and all that it has done to help me and guide me in my life but now is the time to help all of our brothers and sisters receive this great joy in their lives. I seriously love mission work so much. I love getting up at 6 in the morning every day. I love wearing dress clothes 24/7. I love walking all around the streets of Peru when it is hotter than heck. I just love it all because I know that what I am doing is helping the Lord complete with His plans for this area of the world. It is hard, it is long, but it is perfect.

Well that's all for this week. Love you guys so much and I really thank you for all of the support that you have given me over this last year of my mission. You guys are the best family that I could ever ask for (even though you steal all of my stuff when I leave.....Tate haha). I am always praying for you to keep going forward in the church. Praying, reading, fasting, going to church, helping others, keeping the commandments and really just doing whatever it takes to keep the Lord close in your lives and in our home. I know He loves us but we have to let Him in. Love you all and I'll talk to you soon!! 

Much love 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment