This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday. August 24. 2015-Week 55


Mi Familia,

Hey guys!! Well I am super bummed to hear about poor Perry girl:( Hey don't worry when I get home I'm gonna find that worker and kick his dang butt!! I hope you feel better soon. 

So back to school huh? It feels like just a little bit ago Tate was starting up at Mt. View and now he is already a junior!! That's just too weird for me. And Perry already in fourth grade!! Well I wish yall luck and just remember to focus hard in school and on your grades. 

Hey that picture you sent me of Parker's wedding with the cardboard cut out of Chayse hahahahahahha!! One of the most awesome things that I have ever seen in my entire life!! I was laughing for like 10 minutes when I saw that bad boy haha. But congratulations to Parker on the big day!!

I bought my suit today. I bought it at a great place and they helped my to find the best one and to not spend too much and then they tailored it for me. I don't have it yet but when I do I'll be sending you a sweet picture of me rocking that sucker!! 

Hey I don't know if you are planning on sending me anything here in the near future but if you are I want some more long sleeve shirts haha they protect me a little better from the sun!! 

So this week was another crazy one here in Sullana!! This week we advanced a ton with a lot of people. The familia Giron now has a baptism date for the 26th of September!! We are so excited for them and that they now have the desire to be baptised and to take this big step in their lives!! We are just going to keep working with them like crazy and trying to help them learn more and more every day but don't stop praying for them because the dad of the family, Julio Cesar, still isn't super into what we are teaching but he does love the Book of Mormon. Also another kid who we are teaching has a baptism date for the 12th of September!! His name is Cesar Tavara. He is 16 years old and he is really starting to take to the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is reading his book of Mormon and doing stuff at the church with us but he just has the hardest time getting to the church on Sunday!! So if you are going to pray for him please pray that he can make it to church with us ever Sunday.
 
So in our ward we have 4 missionaries. 2 for one half of the ward and 2 for the other half. So these other Elders had been teaching a family for like 3 months now and they finally decided to be baptised. I was super excited for them because they are some of my good friends here in this area and they are just super ready for it but last Sunday one of them asked me to baptise her. So I just sorta brushed it off thinking that the other Elders would do it because she is part of their area but Saturday came around and I got a phone call saying Elder Wilson you have to baptise Julieta today haha so I ran like a crazy man to get ready and sprint over to the baptism. We almost didn't make it on time but we got there and everything went great. A very special night.
 
So the last thing that happened this week is that we moved. Yep, so what happened is that we live on the third floor of a building and the roof was super crappy so the lady who owns the place decided that she was going to redo the roof. So she kicked us out and made us move all of our stuff to the second floor to live in a different room for the week while they fix the roof. Maybe it doesn't sound too bad but to get to this other room we had to go down to the first floor, walk outside and around the whole house and then walk up another flight of stairs haha it was a looooooong day!! 

This week we have been knocking on doors like crazy to meet some new people and we met someone amazing in the process. His name is Omar and he is 17. He listened so closely to our lesson and asked us a million questions and really felt the spirit. In his last prayer he asked God to help us to keep passing by his house to help him change his life. It was so amazing to be in that room at that moment because I know the spirit was touching the heart of that kid in that moment. When I was thinking about that I thought about a scripture. 3 Nephi 5:13. It says that I am a disciple of Christ and that I have been called of Him to help people obtain life eternal. When we were teaching Omar I felt that so strong. I am a disciple of Christ and I have been entrusted by Him to complete a great work here. I study, I work and I teach to help other people to return to the presence of our Father in Heaven. It will never be easy and most of the time it won't even be fun but when you watch the spirit of the Lord change someone's heart all of the sweat and work and being tired all of the time pays off. To say it again. I am a disciple of Christ and I will never let Him down. 

Ok that's all I got. I love you all and I miss you all a ton!! Glad to hear all is going well at home and that everyone is almost healthy. I am praying for you always and I hope that you can feel the blessings of the work that I am doing!! Love you all!! Talk soon!! 

Much Love 

Elder Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment