This blog is kept by Elder Asher Wilson's family. It will include his general emails and various pictures. It will be updated each week after each new email is received. We hope you enjoy it!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday. March 23. 2015-Week 33


Geno's dog, Kena, a German Shepard. I am buying one for sure when I get home!! I take her running with me in the mornings.
Mi Familia!!!!!!

What a great week it sounds like you had!! Tate is now a little closer to manhood & it sounds like you are all busy with everything. Mom I loved hearing about your temple story because I miss that place so dang much!!! I don't get to enter one of those beautiful buildings for 16 more months and you get the chance to go all the time so take advantage of it!! The veil is very very thin there. I was also very happy to hear that BYU LAX is tearing it up!! I'm hoping they'll still have a solid squad when I get home!

So this week was great here in Peru. Today for PDay all of us missionaries in the Piura area went to a huge are of Incan ruins and it was pretty sweet!! They really hadn't maintained anything too well and there was scaffolding all over them but it was till cool to hear the history. It was a really good PDay here in Piura!!

This week was good, and long, and hard, and awesome!! First off, it rained all week long!! Like hard core Peruano rain. All of the streets were full of water and there wasn't a ton of people in the streets. They must have been scared of the rain but Elder Mauricio and I sure weren't!!!! We worked our butts off this week, like more than usual. At first we were sorta down about the rain scaring everyone off, but then we realized something . . . people do not drink (beer) inside. So because everyone was inside it meant that there were very few drunks!! What a blessing that was!! We had educated conversations with people that I hadn't ever seen sober in my 3 months here hahahaha!!! The Lord puts things in our paths to test us but what we always need to remember is that He will always provide for us. He wants to see what we do in bad situations. If we can put our faith in Him and push through we will receive amazing blessings!! 3 Nefi 31:20 "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

Also this week we had a multi zona conferencia. It was amazing!! You said that you received revelation in your stake conference, so did I this week in mine!! To be in conference with Presidente Rowley and about 65 other missionaries is one of the most amazing things in the world!! I received so much revelation and was filled with the Spirit through the words of Presidente Rowley and it just motivated me more and more to work. He taught us all about the importance of testimony this week. We talked about the importance of gaining our own personal testimony first and then helping others to receive theirs. Through your testimony you  can feel the pure love and power of Christ in your life!! We also did an awesome skit of Ammon cutting off the arms of the Lamanites, and it was Awesome! I ahd to talk more than anyone else in the show but let me just say . . . . I nailed my parts hahaha!! 

We also gave a lot of blessings this week and we saw miracles. I know and testify that the Lord can work through us. I feel His power every time I put my hands on the head of another person and give them a blessing. We are holders of the most powerful force on Earth!!!! We must do all that we can to show the power of God through the Priesthood!! We were chosen and selected to be fearless holders of this great power, so we can't sit back and wait for opportunities to use it but we must search for these opportunities!! I love the Priesthood and I will honor my Father in Heaven by using it to help others to receive blessings in their lives.

We have 3 people with baptism dates right now!!! Viviana (11 de Abril), Gino (4 de Apbril), and Antonio (19 de Abril). Pray and fast and do all you can for them because they are amazing people and they are ready to accept this covenant in their lives!!

One thing about Elder Mauricio and our most spiritual experience of the week . . . We are teaching a family, and have been for awhile. They are amazing but it has been close to impossible to feel the Spirit in the lecciones because they are so crazy running around and always with their music and a lot of the time they just don't listen. So this week we planned and prayed hard for them. We showed up to this leccion in their house and it was wild as usual. We did all that we could to calm them down but it just wasn't working. We decided to start with a prayer. Elder Mauricio offered the first prayer and wow . . . I don't have words to describe it. They were not his words and he spoke full of the Spirit of the Lord. We destroyed all distractions through this prayer and when we finished there was nothing but peace and the Spirit. We taught an amazing lesson and it was the first time that I have really felt the Spirit in that house. Now I know that Mauricio can be frustrating and all of that, but I know with all of my heart and soul that he is a representative of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and he speaks with His power. I am so happy to call him my companion!!

Ok well that's all for this week. I am healthy, happy, and working hard so don't worry about me. Thanks for your emails, I love reading them!! I love you guys SOOOOOOO much and hope you have a great week!!

Much Love,

Elder Asher Dean Wilson


With Gino and his mom.



Elder Edwards.
Elder Prince.
Elder Ayala.
With Moises.
RONY!!!!
A church with statues of Jesus, the 12 Apostles . . . and the Virgin Mary.
Ruins.
Dead People.
Ancient Incan instruments.
Peruano dogs . . . yep they are nasty!!
Our tour guides . . . little kids!!
The zone.


Elder Huranga (mi pata).






No comments:

Post a Comment